We can achieve satisfying tasting experiences with proper wine etiquette. In fine dining moments, ordinary wine drinking is not enough. There are standards that many wine drinkers use, these are formalities that they use during wine tasting parties and many other events.
Here are some basic tips that you can apply:
1. Generally, in choosing a wine from a wine list of a restaurant, you have to consider the taste of the dishes that you order with the wine. You can buy by the glass if your food orders are variable to generalize with one wine.
2. You can avail of the suggestions and advices of sommeliers and waiters regarding your choices. It will be more beneficial if you make specific questions.
3. If you have picked your wine already, the waiter will get your selection and present it. He will verify if it is the correct wine by showing the label forward. He will then remove the cork and place it on the table. As part of proper etiquette, he doesn’t have to smell the cork nor touch it.
4. If you are a host in an evening party at a restaurant, it is your duty to make sure that all your guests feel comfortable. It is also your responsibility to make sure that your wines are not spoiled. You may do the sampling discreetly.
5. At wineries, white wines are tasted first, seconded by the red wines, and then the sweet wines. Using correct wine etiquette, it’s not necessary to finish each glass. You may cleanse your palate between each glass with cracker and water.
6. Lastly, it is important to serve wine in spotless glasses. When you decant wines, it is beneficial to ensure your reason for doing so. You may do it to expose your wine to oxygen or remove some sediments.
With those basic tips, you will be ready to join social gatherings without hesitations.
Here are 3 affordable Shiraz wines that are perfect for social gatherings:
Heartland Spice Trader 2012 Shiraz- This is a very dark, juicy and delicious red wine. A burst of intense fruit greets the palate with blueberries, blackberries and currants. These powerful fruit notes can engulf the uninitiated waves of spice that can be discovered by seasoned flavor explorers.
Katnook Founders Block 2011 Shiraz- This wine offers terrific value from the heart of Coonawarra. It is laden with raspberry, plum fruits with pepper and spice overtones, its gentle oak flavours of sweet vanilla add complexity and depth.
Kirrihill 2012 Shiraz- There are rich fine-grained tannins that support the palate and beautifully balanced acidity of this wine. Soft integrated French and American oak linger in the background. It is a bright and vibrant wine with many layers.